A few weeks ago, Allison Cokeley joined Cook Bliss. She needed help converting her great-grandmother’s pancake recipe to gluten-free. Today she shares her results with Elizabeth. You need to hear this conversation! Elizabeth calls it, “the best conversation about pancakes I’ve ever had.” Musician Darius Lux talks about his gluten-free diet. And we chat with blogger Rachel Jagareski about cooking meat-free and gluten-free.
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon xantham gum
- 1¼ cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- peanut butter, for serving
- maple syrup, for serving
- Whisk together white rice flour, cornstarch, sweet rice flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum. Add milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Whisk until smooth.
- In an 8-inch cast iron skillet, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil. Heat until the oil shimmers but is not smoking. Drop batter, about ¼ cup each, into pan. Cook until bubbles appear all over the surface. Flip. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm with peanut butter and maple syrup, if desired.
To win a copy of Darius Lux’ EP Time is Now, leave your favorite snack in the comments! One winner will be selected to win the EP. Thanks to Darius for providing it!
Visit Darius on-line: http://www.dariuslux.com/
While there you can view his latest music video and download a few free songs!
EPCOT Allergy-Safe Dessert Party
For more information and to purchase tickets, Visit Sarah’s web site:
Blogger Chat: Rachel Jagareski from the Crispy Cook
Rachel blogs “wheat-free and meat-free.” Visit her site: The Crispy Cook
Rachel’s Sesame-Rosemary Cracker Recipe
Elizabeth Barbone’s Cookbooks: