Jennifer Harris joins Cook Bliss to talk about her favorite gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free products. Then Janelle Pugh joins us to share what it’s like to be a gluten-free college student. Plus, Elizabeth shares a recipe for a savory apple salad.
Daiya Cheese Wedges
- 1 or 2 large tart apples, sliced thin (I like Granny Smith)
- 1 cup red grapes
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- handful kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- romaine lettuce
- vinaigrette, preferably one made with apple cider vinegar
- Toss apples, grapes, almonds, and olives together. Dress generously with vinaigrette. (You want everything nicely coated but not swimming.)
- Tear romaine lettuce, just a few leave, and toss in the salad.
Visit Janelle on-line:
Janelle Pugh has been gluten-free (with a bit of a break that you’ll hear about in the interview) for almost 20 years.